Saturday, May 11, 2013

Suspended confusion

"All farewells should be sudden, when forever"
Today's the second day that I have not returned to work. Currently still suspended. Mr. Patrick said he would either call me or Sam, but yet to get any call from either him or anyone from HR Department. Worrying.

Yesterday I got (kinda) good news from Henry. He claimed that Chef Lim can help Sam and I get "transferred" to Shangri-La's sister hotels. Also, the HR Department will NOT mention this incident to the next hotels we get transferred to. Cause for celebration yet? No. Why? Because we have to start all over again. The first month completed in Rasa Sayang Hotel won't count, so when Sam and I get into the next hotel we have to begin all over again. Sucks. But then again it's better than not having a job at all...right? Another downside is, Sam and I will be one month behind our batch in taking the C&G theory examination and practical examination. Maybe I need to consult Cilantro Academy for more advice before proceeding...
According to more info from Henry, I could get into Trader's Hotel in Muar, Johor while Sam could get into another (as yet unnamed) hotel back in his hometown of Perak. Out of all the bad things that have happened lately, I guess this is something positive. I am also happy that Rasa Sayang Hotel is willing to help Sam and I find other hotels to enable us to continue the job training. Usually once you are fired you are left on your own; so I guess they genuinely want to help...

No concrete plans on what to do yet. I am torn between calling Cilantro Academy first or calling my parents to inform them of what's going on now. I am planning to stall for time until I am certain that I can get into Trader's Hotel in Muar. Maybe then only will I tell them... Still wondering if that's a bad idea...keeping my parents and the college in the dark about this... Hmmm...

So, what have I been up to during these past few days I've been suspended? Nothing much. Went shopping at Gurney Plaza yesterday. Bought another Hot Wheels car (a Volkswagen Golf GTI) to add to my collection. Today I am planning to visit the Internet cafe for a few hours, then go home to think of what plans I got to make in these next few days. Gotta start soon.....

That's all for now folks. Will update blog if there's anything new.

No comments: