Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bad Day

I've had a pretty bad start to my off day. REALLY bad.

Yesterday I threw a glass of water on the floor. Not the "oh, it's just something being thrown out of anger", but more of "oh, it's something thrown out of anger ON the cafeteria floor of my hotel"... Yeah..I threw it due to my bad temper and stress. Threw it due to a minor argument with my friend Sam. Thought he was being rude but in fact he was just tired from working the late shift. Now I feel stupid to have misunderstood him. Silly to have done that. Now I look back and regret it. But what's done is done...can't go back to undo it anymore. What's worse is that immediately after the glass was thrown the security was called in to take photos of the incident. Looks like I was gonna be in trouble. BIG trouble for not being able to control my anger. Shit.

I had a fear that everyone in the hotel would find out about it immediately, and this morning I was proven right. EVERYONE in the hotel knew about this incident. That was to be expected anyway, knowing that it is human nature to gossip about anything and everything. Oh well... Anyway, when I woke up this morning I heard Sam talking to Henry about needing to go back to the hotel to meet Mr. Patrick (Training Manager of Rasa Sayang Resort) and explaining everything to him. Henry also told me that the head chefs weren't happy about all this and that there was a high chance of me being fired. FIRED. Now that's the worst-case scenario. I made the mistake, now I have to clean up the mess. Grudgingly, I did. I somehow knew that my off day was not going to be okay. Back to the topic. So I followed Sam to the hotel to meet Mr. Patrick, and surprisingly he was calm. Maybe it isn't him that I should be afraid of... Hmmmm... Anyway, Sam and I told our versions of what happened, and we were individually brought to Security to give a statement. I duly complied, and so did Sam. Surprisingly the man who took my statement was nice. He told me that this is just a small matter. According to him, once he has processed everything it will be sent to the HR Department to have a check. He claims I won't be fired because of such a small matter. After a LONG while, Mr. Patrick told us that we could leave. He said that he would get back to us after he has checked the reports. So far, so good...?

So here I am, blogging about this while I could still be fired. Hopefully this isn't considered so serious until I could lose my job. Hope. What I need now... If let's say I don't get fired and that tomorrow I can go back to work, I dread seeing everyone. I am afraid that people are gonna make fun of me or label me as "the guy who lost his temper and broke a glass"... I am gonna need a thick skin to make it through this few weeks (hopefully this incident will be forgotten as soon as possible).

What a shit last few hours it has been. What a shit day. What a shit situation I am in because of me, my own worst enemy.

No comments: