Thursday, May 16, 2013

Chelsea, Europa League 12/13 champions!






                                     CHELSEA, EUROPA LEAGUE 12/13 CHAMPIONS!
                                                      (SL Benfica 1-2 Chelsea FC)
                                                              Amsterdam Arena


Woke up late for the final. Alarm was set for 2:45 a.m. but I was so tired I slept through the alarm. Woke up at around 4:06 a.m. in time to watch the last few minutes of the match. Glad I woke up to watch history in the making. With this win Chelsea  become the fourth side to win all three of the European Champion Clubs' Cup, UEFA Cup/UEFA Europa League and UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, following in the footsteps of Juventus, AFC Ajax and FC Bayern Munich. Branislav Ivanovic's last-gasp header was undoubtedly special, seeing that the game was heading for extra time. The match wasn't really that exciting (I mean from when I started watching it) but somehow I had THAT feeling Chelsea were going to win this 2-1. If you had watched at the same time I did you would have called me crazy for predicting that scoreline! Both Benfica and Chelsea were attacking, but somehow the quality of Chelsea's players shone through. So good to see an English club winning European silverware. It doesn't matter whether it's a team I support or not, but of course I want my team Liverpool to have yearly success in Europe and domestically too. Looking forward to the weekend's round of Premier League matches. It will be the last round of matches for the season 12/13. Sad that football season is ending, but there's always next season. A long wait, but it is always worth it. Can't wait!

I am still suspended from work, but I think in a few days time the call from HR Department will come. I know that if I am re-instated I will be facing an uphill battle to regain trust from (almost) everyone in the hotel. I have to be serious already. Can't waste time fooling around. Got to work hard. I just have to be positive and have a smile on my face constantly. Got to be happy and enjoy whatever's ahead of me. I know it will be tough, but I am ready and determined to fight it. I CAN DO IT!

That's all for now. Got to go catch up on some sleep! Got to start my studying later. Bye!

*can't believe I am in an Internet cafe at this hour!*

No comments: