Thursday, May 16, 2013

In the line of fire

YOU'RE FIRED.


No, those words weren't uttered even once. But once I woke up, I saw Sam on the phone, and from his tone I knew somehow that our "holidays" were over. According to him Elaine from Cilantro called to say that we both have been fired. Not to say we both were stunned, as we already knew our fates were sealed once we were given a "one-week break" A.K.A suspension, but it took a while to sink in. I was officially fired. I have never been sacked from anything before. This was an unwanted first. But then again, there's always a first for everything right?

Immediately after receiving that call, Sam and I went straightaway to the hotel to find Mr. Patrick for more information. As soon as we reached there, we were given clearance forms. We were asked to fill up that form, then go clear our things from the locker room. Only then did it sink in. I dug my own grave. Not only that...to make things worse I dragged my friend into this too. Immediately regret came creeping in, but it was all too late. No point apologizing anymore. The day had finally come. It was all happening. After all the clearing had been done, Henry, Sam and I went to collect our salary from the pay master. I didn't know that my first month here counted. I assumed that beginning from May onwards there was pay. Anyway after all that depressing news some cash was making it a little better...

After all was settled, I then proceeded to make a trip downtown to Komtar to jalan-jalan a bit. Decided it was best I did some last sightseeing before I headed back to Subang tomorrow. Window-shopped for four hours. I bought myself an 2007-08 Liverpool adidas away kit for RM80 as a treat for myself after a rough two weeks. I plan to wear it back to Subang tomorrow. Came home at 5, then packed up my luggage. Had a little chat with Sam (clearly upset about what had transpired in the morning) and cleared the air over some matters. Late dinner at 9. Just ate at the nearest zhi char below my place. A simple fried rice and soya bean milk is enough to satisfy me. Now currently surfing the Internet at the nearby Internet cafe. It would be a while before I can blog again, so I better take the opportunity while I can...

*sigh* I will be heading back to Subang tomorrow. Will be crashing at my uncle's place in Kelana Jaya. While I am glad to be back in Subang I am fretting over my job training. I shouldn't be heading back to Subang so soon! What's done is done...no point talking about it over and over again... Y'know what? I am just going to enjoy the weekend, then it will be back to serious stuff on Monday. Going to see Chef Bernard to discuss what is best for me now. Looking forward to the meeting. Hope everything goes well... *fingers crossed*


 

 *Gonna enjoy my last night here. I am not going to let the negative happenings over the last two weeks ruin my last night here!*

No comments: