Saturday, March 10, 2012

level UP!

Ah, the weekend is upon us... Finally! Yesterday was kinda fun, as my Batch 47 guys and (obviously) yours truly prepared a 'hi-tea' buffet spread for our 'last' Level 1 assessment! It was tiring, as Thursday we did 'mise en plus' (which is the preparation of the ingredients to be used in cooking a particular dish), and then yesterday all we had to do was just cook or assemble the respective dishes. We cooked among others Mee Goreng Mamak, spring rolls, tuna and egg sandwiches, mixed vegetables, roast chicken and potatoes, potato and leek soup, and many more items. We invited all the chefs and staff of Cilantro Culinary Academy for the buffet, and we got rave reviews from each and every individual who sampled our cooking. Great stuff! Haha! For me, I was particularly pleased with myself (and my batch mates, for sure) for helping out more than I usually would. Sometimes I know I am not the most proactive student in the kitchen, but I don't want to bash myself up over past mistakes, and I am just pleased with my performance, on a personal note. Anyways, just glad that Level 1 is over, and we can move on to Level 2 next week...

No comments: