Wednesday, March 6, 2013

GREAT SUCCESS!

OWHMAIGAWD!!!

woahhhhhhhhhh! Still can't believe it, but today was my 4-course session, and for the first time I saw so many customers coming to eat my food! The whole restaurant was packed! (but maybe that is partly due to the fact that the customers didn't have to fork out a single cent to sample my goods. yes, you read that right: NOT a single cent!) My parents helped fund the whole event, due to my failure in my first time session where I charged a certain sum and eventually couldn't get enough people to fill up the restaurant. And....due to the overwhelming response today, I may finally have earned enough to pass (finally!) at least one session of this 4-course events that my class have been doing for the last two months. Tomorrow I got to go see my chef to pass him the money earned during the event to calculate my food cost and also to see if I officially passed or not. But since my parents sponsored it, I think a pass is more or less guaranteed. It feels so good to do things right and reap the benefits... Bloody proud of myself now! hiak hiak hiak xD

Also, I am glad my parents took time off to drive up here to Subang to try my cooking and most importantly lend some support for my event. Three of my aunts and my grandma tagged along, and suffice to say I had the silliest grin (due to me being proud to hear it) on my face after my family praised the cooking. Apparently they liked everything I offered, and not only them, as many people I asked gave favourable feedback. As the executive chef for the day, I could not have asked for a better day. Overall I am glad that I have gotten this hurdle over and done with. Now it's time to enjoy a bit, but not too much. About two weeks more till the official end of this 4-course sessions, and I am done here. At least for the time being. After the six months of on-the-job training I will have to return to Cilantro to complete my theory and practical examination set by City&Guilds of London. So until then, life can still be considered a breeze... even if this 4-course sessions are energy-sapping! Still, life goes on...just gotta go with the flow.....

After the session was over, I brought my parents and relatives over to Casa Subang to show them my house. Took a quick shower, then went to IKEA with them for some shopping. Felt proud (again!) for showing Dad how to get to Damansara Utama. Looks like all those road trips with Eric weren't wasted... hehe xD Sometimes even I amaze myself. I barely know the roads around KL, but sometimes even the roads I am not familiar with I can direct people to the right path. Life is mysterious... haha!



 Ahhh...WHAT A DAY IT HAS BEEN! Gonna go get some sleep now. Tomorrow's another day, and also another 4-course session. Goodnight world! XOXO

No comments: