Sunday, April 1, 2012

TOO COOL!

*Certain events were from yesterday*
TOO COOL! That's what I can say about my 'impromptu' trip up to Genting Highlands with Eric. We actually went for dinner, but after that wanted to do something 'fun', and voila! we ended up going to a 'few' places first before GH. We wanted to go to Ulu Yam to see the waterfall and also to visit the place, as we have never visited this particular area before, so Eric took the Lebuhraya Rawang to go there. Naturally on the way to Ulu Yam we stopped by Rawang. Basically not Rawang itself, but Tesco Rawang! Hahaha! Strange but true. So, after Tesco, we headed back on the trail to Ulu Yam. Reached there, but since it was dark we 'gave up' the opportunity to visit the waterfall (postponing it to another day, and go during DAYTIME!). Saw GH in the distance, so we didn't give a damn and just went with it. Boy, was it nostalgic! First of all, it was because 1) the last time I went to GH was more than a decade ago, and now here I was, admiring it again! And 2) the chilly wind there reminded me of my trip to Melbourne (in winter, of course) in 2010. *Such bliss* Took the old road there, and it was scarily dark! But maybe that just adds to the 'feeling'. Haaaa..... Anyways the windy road leading up was nice, and since it was already midnight-ish, there weren't many cars to jostle with on the road. Once we reached there, we stopped by Old Town White Coffee for supper, then walked around the place to see what was still going on at late hours. Surprisingly there were still many 'night people' at the pubs, fast food outlets, etc! Totally fun! Left around 2-ish. Reached Subang around 3-ish. Got a drink, and on the way back I decided to stay over at Eric's place as I wanted to follow him to church. Haven't gone to church for a long time! Better to go once in a while.....

*Back to today's events*
Stayed at Eric's place. Woke up at 10:15. Church was at 11, so I listened to music while waiting for him to wake up. Went to church with Eric, which was very near his house. Worship was almost ending when we arrived, which was a relief as I didn't know most of the songs sung there. Hate it when it's like that! Anyways the message from the pastor was quite nice to listen to, but the way he delivered his message was uninteresting. But good to go to church lah... No harm... Had lunch afterwards at Mr.Teppanyaki in Sunway Pyramid. The food was okay, but I very much prefer my teppanyaki meal prepared by an authentic Japanese chef. The chefs in Mr.Teppanyaki are foreigners. Not being racist, mind you. Just stating what I feel. Oh well I guess if I want a Jap to prepare my meal I have to go to a 'real' Jap restaurant. Haaa.... Eric sent me home around 2-ish, and yeah, here I am, blogging and Facebook-ing. A bit tired. Could use a nap now...

That's all for my 'adventures' over this weekend!

*BTW* it's the 1st of April! HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY!

No comments: