Thursday, August 1, 2013

here today, gone tonight...

goodbye, tough July and hello August! (please be kind to me. hehe...)


so it's the beginning of a brand new month... i have been working lately, as you can see with the lack of many blog posts recently. work has been kind to me. so far, so good... started on the 24th of June. the first two days were orientation days, but my hotel is nice enough to include those two days as work days, hence i will still be paid normal wages for those two days. incidentally, i received my first month's pay. got RM370. the normal allowance is RM300, but the extra RM70 is for the days i worked in June. all good.....

had to part with RM200 immediately as i owed my uncle that amount due to me taking out an early loan to buy my new Liverpool shirt for the upcoming Premier League season (yes, the shirt is important.). anyways, the remaining RM170 i used to buy a Philips MP3 player at Tesco in Paradigm Mall. the music player cost RM125. i haven't had an MP3 player for a few years now, so coupled with boring daily commutes to work without music i figured it was a worthwhile investment to get this MP3 player. it is simple to use and furthermore a new model. i initially wanted a Sony model, but the electrical goods staff claimed it was all sold out, and instead offered me this new model which was so new it wasn't even displayed yet! i tried it out, and was instantly amazed. the sound was so clear, so much better than my last MP3 player i had, which was a Creative brand one way back in 2004..... Philips is really under-rated...

i feel sad that my allowance was almost spent in one day alone, but i guess i had no choice. i insisted on buying the Liverpool jersey, so i guess no matter how many loans you take out initially in the end you have to pay back. well, i have to work hard for another month before receiving my next paycheck.....

i am hoping that the rest of August will be kind to me...


*goodnight and goodbye (for now)...*

No comments: