Thursday, December 8, 2011

busybodies. pffft!

My day summed up:

1) Manchester United were eliminated from the UEFA Champions League, Season 2011/12 early this morning. They lost 2-1 to FC Basel. From the group stage. ONLY. Fact: they were last season's UCL runners-up in the defeat to FC Barcelona at Wembley, England. They finished third in their group, therefore eliminating them from the said competition and dropping them into the Europa League. Another fact: It will be MU's first time in the newly-reformatted Europa League. Really shocking stuff for me when I woke up this morning. Also, Man City are also out of the competition despite defeating already-qualified Bayern Munich 2-0. So, to sum it up: BOTH Manchester clubs have failed to make it into the knockout stages. How did this happen? Bad mistakes from seasoned veterans United cost them the essential points needed to qualify, while City, debutants this season, were "jittery" in their opening games and that cost them vital points as well. I may be a hardcore Liverpool FC fan, but when MU get knocked out of the Champions League group stage I feel for the fans. They are so used to seeing their successful team go from strength to strength in each round of the competition that it must be really strange to suddenly see their team competing in Europe's second competition. Oh well... That's the price you pay when you don't do well in the Champs League...

2) On another note... I absolutely do not appreciate people who question my sanity. Why am I even typing all this? Because, today when I was in class, a colleague of mine, S, took me aside to kindly tell me that there have been a few people in my batch (47) and also other senior students in my culinary academy who have noticed me "talking to myself." S then asked me if I have an "invisible friend" (e.g. ghost friend). I said no. Of course not. I wouldn't simply mess around with this stuff. But he told me that he has some friends who are loners, and they "wish" for certain of the said "ghostly friends." I of course appreciated S's kindness in asking me about my mental health and stuff. He's a really nice guy. God bless him. But one this I want to clarify: to those so-called "seniors" and those in my batch who went to ask S about whether I have a problem by talking to myself: SHUT THE FUCK UP and GET THE FUCK OUT. What does it concern you whether I talk to myself or not? I'm still a newbie in this academy, and the way I see it, you guys asking about me this way is total disrespect. And what is wrong with talking to myself? Does it show that I am a nutcase? Don't tell me you people don't talk to yourself sometimes. I'm sure everyone has done it before. Yes, I admit, I DO talk to myself. But that's to critique myself, encourage myself, and other things I don't have to tell you about. So does that make me a complete cuckoo? The answer is NO. Go find some other things to do with your time than to ask about a new student this way. LOSERS. Get a life, FUCKERS...

No comments: