Sunday, October 23, 2011

Marco Simoncelli: 1987-2011

Marco Simoncelli: 1987-2011
First of all, I want to offer my sincerest condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of Marco Simoncelli, who passed away today. He was involved in a fatal crash involving three bikes during the second lap of the Malaysian Grand Prix. I just can't find the words to say anymore about this incident. It's the second fatality in motorsport, having already lost British racecar driver Dan Wheldon to injuries too, in an Indy Car crash last week. Shudder. But this is racing: there's always the risk, and unfortunately it's part of their (the riders and drivers) jobs. Sh*t happens, and I especially am gutted to know that the world has lost a talented, up-and-coming racer. He will always be remembered as the guy with the big hair (well at least to me!). R.I.P, Marco...

No comments: