Sunday, July 17, 2011

contrasting emotions

Loads of boredom. Loads.
Not really implying directly that life's boring, but yeah. My life has been sadly lacking in FUN and EXCITEMENT. saddddddddd.......


On a slightly more happy (and sad, unfortunately) note though, is (or WAS, should I add) that Liverpool FC's long-awaited trip to Malaysia happened yesterday! It was the Reds' first visit to the country, and even though I couldn't go and watch them LIVE, it was massive for me. REALLY MASSIVE. Okay, so the friendly match ended 6-3 in Liverpool's favour (I mean, DUHH?), and although the Liverpool fan in me was delighted with the (rather meaningless) win, I was sad too, that my national team lost. Malaysia's XI delighted the full-house crowd of Bukit Jalil Stadium with better football than the one the dished out against Arsenal a few days back, scoring three goals and playing confidently. Of course, silly mistakes and costly errors gave away cheap goals, but hey.....this is a learning curve for our local team to improve! Mistakes are bound to happen, and this being against a Premier League club, it can all be forgiven. The difference in standards were obviously clear for all to see yesterday. Oh well. May our national side try their best to defeat Chelsea in the last of the Premier League clubs VS the Malaysia XI... HEHEHEHEHEHE.


*ONE MORE THING: To Andy Carroll, you were a disgrace to me (and I think to most of those LFC fans who turned up to watch the match yesterday too). Not only did you kick the ball away in disgust after being caught offside, you had to blatantly dive just to win a penalty! Come on, Andy. wasn't that a bit low? You're a Premier League player, a tall and with a strong physique at that, and with just barely a slight nudge from a smaller-built Malaysian fella you fall down LIKE YOU GOT SHOT IN THE BACK???? I may be a fan of you and your team, but what you did to win that penalty was shameful. It was utter injustice to the Malaysian XI assembled to at least learn something positive from this friendly match arranged. Instead, you became the negativity to this otherwise meaningful match for the national team and fans alike. Shame on you...


Hmmm......what else...
Oh! I watched Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 yesterday night! It was (once again) a happy yet sad affair. Alright, the HAPPY part: good prevails over evil, etc etc. the SAD part: another series has come to an end. Almost a decade of reading the books + watching the screen adaptations, another cycle has come to an end. I may not have watched ALL of the movies. (I think I missed the previous two movies prior to DH Pt 2). Anyways, things move on. I guess after all has been said and done, I am kind of glad to see the back of Harry Potter and his chums. It was only fitting to end this way. Any more HP movies, and I too might not watch it. Some things should end when the time is right. On a much much brighter note, I am looking forward to catching Captain America! WOOHOO!


toodles!





No comments: